Thursday 17 March 2011

Due Date Review

From the director that brought us the hilarious comedy 'The Hangover' we have another release with the same kind of ridiculous humour and crazy storyline with 'Due Date'

Starring Robert Downey JR and the leader of the 'Wolf Pack' Zack Galifianakis as two unlikely couples who end up having to make to long journey to the heart of LA. With Robert Downey trying to get back for his due date of his new born kid, things take a turn for the worst unsurprisingly, when he bumps into Ethan (Zack Galifiankis) and he manages to cause a hell of a lot of hassle for Mr Downey JR. With a lot of set backs you would expect with this kind of film, for some reason you don't seem to get inpatient, or bored which I was kind of expecting.

Starting off quite slow, which almost made you second guess to why you was watching it, I was seriously having some doubts about this film. Setting the story and the characters and almost 25 minutes through, I was still yet to laugh out loud. Is this the film that made me cry with laughter when I saw the trailer? At the moment it was non excistant.

However, this soon changed!, with Robert Downey soon coming to life, this film burst life as if you gave pro plus to a three year old. With several jokes and silly scenes which made you think I shouldn't be laughing at this, but oh what the hell and crack up laughing, 'Due Date' was the film I knew I was going to love from the trailers.

With a clever twist mid way in the film, which made you complete expect the unexpected, I found myself second guessing this film, which when its directed by the guy that did the hangover, I hang my head in shame.

Galifiankis, setting the standard now, and he really shows he is the new fat, curly, hairy kid on the block, with his great comedic acting and very clever camp walking, which I was seriously impressed with. I can't wait to see this guy next.

Leaving open a possible sequel, my head says no, because it would be far too much, but my heart will seriously beat again for a sequel, I loved it, well all apart from the first 20 odd minutes.

Due Date really is one to purchase, if you like any kind of silly, serious comedy with a lot of hilarious jokes, then please get 'Due Date' and let me know what you think.


Special Features.

Special Features, or do I say lack of special features, with this DVD all you really do seem to get is the film and nothing else. I love my special features and this has infuriated, there a gag reel, woop woop, my dreams have been answered. We can only be releaved because this film is so much better than its special features.

No comments:

Post a Comment