Thursday 17 March 2011

Paradox Soldiers

When I was given this film to review, I read the description sheet and when I saw the sentence 'World II meet Sci-Fi,' I was already looking forward to this film and planning my night around it. So Dominos on it's way, sitting comfy in the sofa and volume on full, Lets travel back to 1944.

However which shouldn't of made me second guess this film did, It was in subtitles, I was ready to press play thinking 'oh here we go'. But my oh my did the subtitles not even matter! Paradox Soldiers certainly gives a few world war II films a run for its money. The film follows a group of four who go to an annual re-enactment of WW II in Russia to relive what could be a few memories for some. After coming across an abandoned time capsule the four soon get transported back through time without realising to the year 1944, the heart of the war. Still thinking that they are part of the act back in 2009, they believe the bullets are fake, and the generals are putting on an act, soon realising what has happened, they set there own mission to escape.

Starting off slow, and not like any sci-fi film I have seen, I was still paying more attention to the the chunks of pineapple on my pizza than the screaming Russian rock band, but as soon as they are thrown back through time, this you couldn't help but get pulled into the war. With OK acting, and with a wild storyline that somehow fits perfectly, and needed the sci-fi twist.

The film seems to be quite low budget, but with unique explosion through out the film used with amazing slow motion effect that Michael Bay probably should use to make his films better, This film could of really worked for 3D and shows, that you don't a high budget and use CGI all the time to make a great adventure film.

Definatly surprised by this film, and will certainly have to purchase this on DVD Paradox Soldiers is a film for the geeks, kids and grandparents because it does cover a lot in just a short amount of time. I mean who needed Miss Ranger history lesson a few years ago when we could have had this.

If you want a change from typical Hollywood films, I guarantee 'Paradox Soldiers' Is the film and will argue until I'm Blue, Red, yellow and green in the face.

Special Features

Sadly this film didn't come with special features, but don't need anything else we do have a Sci-Fi war film, can't be greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment