Tuesday 22 March 2011

Skyline Review

We are back to that time again, another alien invasion of the blue light kind. I'm not sure why I always find myself watching films about E.T on a period so interesting, maybe its because there always that feeling that one day it could actually happen, well it hasn't. What has happened Ill tell you is another film has arrived of another awful alien invasion film, with yet more screaming humans scared about the human race being wiped away.

I checked out the trailer, and actually thought 'Skyline' look pretty bloody amazing, so I got myself comfortable put on my t-shirt that read 'I was abducted by aliens and all I got was the shit t-shirt' and I was ready. Wow is this film boring, I know it was directed by the guys that brought us the less than eventful 'Alien vs Preditor: Requiem, but this is ridiculous. I mean how many time do you want to look out the window at an alien invasion and take pretty pictures for your Facebook profile.

The film follows a group of friends, in which two of the guys are reunited from college for the others birthday bash, and apart from waking up with a terrible hangover, they wake up with ET shining a blue light in there face, which makes them fly off into the spaceship. If you ask me, this film was pretty predictable, with a clever and different start to the film, with a flash back of what happened a few hours ago, this really felt like a typical unappealing Sci-Fi film.

Don't get me wrong this film does deliver a bit more on the scare side than previous movies, and the two man males do leave a little place in your heart for some bizarre reason, so its not all bad. Heading off the Will Smith and Jeff Goldbum wannabes are Eric Balfour (Yeah I didn't know who he was either) and one of scrubs main men Donald Faison, who I must say has done some weird to his teeth, could stop looking at those munchers through the whole film. They show who is the boss, but unfortunately that fails. There is however a pretty awesome killing that Eric Balfour does to one of the aliens, does make you want to punch the air a little.

I am usually a big fan of these high budget, Hollywood block busters, but this seriously bored me, I was almost contemplating start a rumour that I was an alien because I was so bored.

If you are an easy film night human who will watch anything that has CGI in then this is probably your film, but I think I will stick to 'Independence' and big Willy!


No comments:

Post a Comment